- Navigating challenging peer dynamics
- Establishing clear boundaries
- Finding the confidence to be your true self
- Shifting thought patterns to create new emotional responses
- Learning to be an observer of your thoughts
- Identifying the influence of our inner and outer worlds
- Identifying your ‘super powers’
- Building resilience
- Reframing challenges as growth opportunities
- Identifying your strengths as a learner
- Recognising how various learning styles can impact classroom engagement
- Managing your stress in high pressure learning environments such as exams
- Discovering the power of the present moment
- Engaging with the power of meditation and mindfulness practices
- Learning how to stop drifting back into the past or projecting into the future
- Identifying your personal qualities as leadership strengths
- Becoming an authentic leader
- Identifying the challenges of leadership
My son is experiencing difficulties identifying his friendship group. Steven’s knowledge of the school environment and the psychology of tween boys is helping my son crystallise his values and thoughts on positive relationships with like-minded boys, as well as becoming more resilient in dealings with those boys who remain difficult. Steven communicates well with my son, as well as providing feedback to help my wife and I guide our son.
Father of 12 year old boy
Both of my teenagers, 14-year-old girl and 16-year-old boy, have seen Steve for various anxiety related issues as well as issues arising from growing up in blended families post-divorce. Steve has a wonderful, warm approachable manner and can easily and quickly win over the trust of teenagers who can be notoriously difficult to engage with. Steve was able to connect where previous psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors, etc. could not. He also kept the parents fully informed of the process and was available to discuss any issues outside of working hours. Well done, Steve – and I have no hesitation in recommending Steve to other parents of teenagers who may be going through a tough time.
Steven is a skilled councillor who is able to easily connect with teenagers and guide them through what is undoubtedly one of the most difficult transitions- from child to adult. He has a kind and supportive approach and is able to apply a diverse range of skills and techniques to his clients' challenges. We need more mental health professionals like Steve. Highly recommended!
Mother of teenage children