Parenting is a tough gig at times! The transition from childhood to young adulthood can be tricky for both our young people and for the parents who are walking this journey with them…whilst juggling their own personal and professional challenges.
- “Your children are not your children…” (Kahlil Gibran). What is our role as parents?
- How often do we ‘catch our kids doing good’ ?
- “You learn to recover from falling – by falling.” (Richard Rohr). To what extent do we allow our children to make mistakes so they can learn from them?
- “The problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.” (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) How do stereotypes impact our teenagers…and parents?
- How do expectations influence parents and young people ?
- What can we do to really connect with our children – or reconnect?
- What are the key challenges of parenting?
- How can we reframe the challenges as opportunities for growth?